Thursday, January 17, 2013

Lets Run!!

I am usually pretty good at being motivated to work out. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that my hubs is in super good shape and trains/competes in tri-athlons.  If I don't at least attempt to stay in kinda good shape, I end up feeling like a big loser watching him run and ride his bike and swim!!! I also really like how I feel when I am working out. My whole outlook on life is different when I have been consistently working out!! I have more energy, feel better about myself, and just am all around happier!!

Saying this, I have NOT been good about finding time to work out through the holidays. I have eaten one too many donuts (which I NEVER do), and laid around and just have been super L-A-Z-Y!!

I read a blog called Finding My Feet. I just love Raechel and her blog. Its one of my favorites to read. She has challenged her friends to start a running challenge with her and track the progress and keep each other accountable using Daily Mile!! The first challenge is to log as many miles as you can between now and the end of the month!!

Photobucket

Im really excited about this challenge. Its definitely what I need to get motivated to get on the treadmill/hit the pavement. These pretty things are also motivating me a little bit......
                    Photobucket
These are my all time favorite running shoes. They are Asics Gel Nimbus 14, and I am in love. My current Asics have been through ALOT!! Including my last half marathon where it was 40 degrees and rained the whole time and it took at least a week for my shoes to thoroughly dry before I could wear them again. Im sure you can imagine what they smell like and look like!!!! I will be getting these bright shoes that will make me want to run mile after mile after mile!!!!!

Here's to being healthier in 2013!! And to new pretty "Rainbow Bright" shoes!! 

No comments: